Owning your own website is challenging enough, and now you want me to learn how to optimize it as well? Yes, we do! Part of owning your own website is taking care of the Internet marketing strategy that goes along with it. Working with an SEO Service company can be helpful, but many brave solves try and tackle this challenge themselves. Whichever kind of person you are, it couldn’t hurt to know some key SEO terms.
Following are a few that you will undoubtedly run into.
- SEO: This stands for search engine optimization, and it refers to the ways that you go about improving your website’s standing in the popular search engines (such as Google, Bing and Yahoo!). This can include making changes to your own website as well as the external process by which this happens.
- Search Engine Spider (aka Crawler, or Bot). When you hear someone talking about a Spider, this is likely what they are talking about. Search engines (with their spider) will crawl through your website on a regular basis to keep track of the changes you are making, and what it thinks of your content. It travels through your links and uses all of this information to give you a page ranking.
- Off-Page: An off-page SEO service focuses on the external processes by which you attempt to improve your page rank. This can include linking back to your site, writing articles and getting press releases done. This helps to boost the profile of your website as well as your page rank.
- On-Page: This focuses on the website itself. This could include optimizing the site, content and title with keywords, adding alt-tags to images and adding links throughout. The strategies are not limited to those, though!
- Internal Linking: As just discussed, this is a technique for on-page optimization. This refers to linking from pages on your site to other pages on your site. This offers a better experience for your readers but also allows you to build up your linking and keyword association. Search engines love this because they like sending their users to helpful sites.
- Alt-Tags: This is something added to the image and it refers to the text description of it. Some devices may not be able to load the photos (such as certain mobile devices), and some people (like blind people) may be using a program to read them text. In this case, the text is spoken or typed out. Search engines also use this to search for keywords.
Above are a few terms to help you better understand all about SEO service.